Tuesday, January 17, 2012

more pixie days pics

"%^(*%$@#"
....that's what i have to say to the guy who spilled his soy no foam double shot on my Jinny Chooz.... for those few readers who don't know the term Jinn, it refers to a Genie.... yes like the cute blonde one who used to be on tv. i always wanted to live in her bottle... but if you read yesterday's post you saw my rustic childhood room... think maybe my parents were expecting a boy?

speaking of my family homestead, i found a few more pics to share.

as the 'moi' section on my blog explains, i was raised in the muir woods, in marin county, ca.  i lived in a suburb called san muirino.  it's where the first flower parade was held.... till some posers from pasadena swiped the idea and pitched it to the valley hunt club. that's ok.. some merfriends of mine got them back with an 80' octopus this year

k, nuff about politics and the economy.  here are a few pics from my own lean childhood years, before my dad struck leprechaun gold.  this is the home i was brought up in... i look back at it lovingly and still find it quaint and charming:


this was my favorite view at our house, from the drain pipe
this is the foyer ... flying in here was strictly verboten!

here is my parents' formal dining room... another place we weren't allowed to play

this is my dad's study... when i was little i used to love to jump on the pedestals and play statue... dad always pretended to be startled when i moved and announced it was me all along

here's our breakfast nook... as you can see, it's so much less formal than the dining room... much more my down-to-earth- style

here is the ceiling in my parents' bedroom... i used to lie on their bed gazing at it for hours on end, coming up with ideas for stories when i would one day become a famous writer.. yeh right

and last, here is my parents bath tub... a couple of times my mom caught mermaids in it... my dad told the truth when he said they swam in through the plumbing... but mom was jealous nonetheless... well can you blame her?  would you want YOUR husband entertaining mermaids in your bathtub?

uh oh, here comes my curmudgeony boss... 
back to copy editing ciao for now...
e.

2 comments: